As local St. Louis businesses begin to resume operations in response to the gradual relaxation of social distancing that was required to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, Loop Trolley leadership is excited to announce its schedule for the 2.2 mile heritage trolley system. It recommenced its FREE weekend service from 11:00am – 7:00pm on July 4th. This temporary service will end July 26th.
“For the sake of the common good, businesses across our nation took a hit these last couple of months,” said John S. Meyer, Jr., president of the nonprofit Loop Trolley Company. “If a free ride on our trolleys can encourage people to return safely to The Loop and frequent its independent businesses, it’s the right decision.”
To support the health and safety of its staff and passengers, the Loop Trolley has implemented new rules and procedures, including:
• Regular temperature checks and screenings of Trolley personnel.
• All Trolley operators and passengers are required to wear masks.
• All boarding/alighting will occur from the rear door, except when a passenger requires the front door wheelchair lift.
• All windows open, weather-permitting
• Pre-service and mid-service cleaning/sanitization of Trolley passenger areas.
• Hand sanitizer stations installed in each Trolley.
“For our staff and our passengers, protection from COVID-19 is our #1 priority,” said Loop Trolley Company Executive Director Kevin Barbeau. “We ask our passengers to respect others and adhere to these rules so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable ride.”
Barbeau also added his own appreciation for businesses along the Loop Trolley alignment: “Without the many passionate, independent businesses along our 2.2 mile route – those already here and the new ones preparing to open – there would be a diminished Loop district. We serve them and want to support their recovery. We encourage the entire St. Louis community to safely experience the Loop Trolley and support them as well.”
For updates and information regarding the Loop Trolley COVID-19 response, please visit www.looptrolley.com.