Visit KC announced on January 2, 2020 the late December confirmation of 19 appointments to its Board of Directors, including 13 nominees by Mayor Quinton Lucas and six put forth by the organization. Visit KC also confirmed a new slate of executive officers, appointing Cindy Circo as the new chair for the hospitality and tourism organization, effective Jan. 1.
Circo, Senior Manager at Evergy, ascends to the position of Board Chair after serving two years as Vice Chair. She succeeds CiCi Rojas, President of Tico Productions & Tico Sports, whose tenure was accentuated by the successful hire of the organization’s new President & CEO, Jason Fulvi, in addition to strong gains in convention sales and community partnerships.
Joining Circo as executive officers are Vice Chair Jeanette Prenger, President of ECCO Select, and Secretary Jim Snow, General Manager of the Westin/Sheraton Crown Center Complex. Randy Wisthoff, Executive Director & CEO of the Kansas City Zoo, ascends from a director position to the Treasurer role.
The organization’s Board of Directors is comprised of up to 30 civic and business leaders from the greater Kansas City area. The Mayor of Kansas City, Missouri, appoints half of its members and the Visit KC Board appoints the other half.
Appointees made by Mayor Lucas include:
- Councilwoman Teresa Loar, 2nd District-At-Large, City of Kansas City, Missouri;
- Councilwoman Melissa Robinson, 3rd District, City of Kansas City, Missouri;
- Councilman Kevin O’Neill, 1st District, City of Kansas City, Missouri;
- Earnest Rouse, Acting City Manager; City of Kansas City, Missouri;
- Rodney Bland, General Manager, Bland Consulting Group, LLC;
- Mike Cappo, Associate, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP;
- Alan Dietrich, Chief Operating Officer, Sporting Kansas City;
- Nia Richardson, Assistant to the Director for Small Business and Entrepreneurship, KC Bizcare;
- Kris Riddell, Legal Administrator, German May PC;
- Maria Salcedo, Attorney, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP; and
- Lylette Utz, Managing Partner & President, Global Green Solutions, LLC.
- In addition, existing directors Riccardo Lucas (N. STRIDE Consulting) and Kevin Pistilli (Raphael Hotel Group) were appointed to serve an additional term.
In an earlier statement, Mayor Lucas said, “Visit KC is central to crafting and promoting Kansas City’s national tourism brand and encouraging tourism for domestic and international travelers alike. Kansas City has a rich history in the arts, music, diversity and acceptance. I know that these new board members will help highlight and build on these unique qualities enjoyed by our community—and will help promote them to visitors, as well, so that they may experience all the great things Kansas City has to offer.”