The Missouri Division of Tourism is taking its show on the road. Plan to attend one of five regional tourism meetings to learn about the significant impact tourism has on the economy.
The MDT director and staff will share their plans to increase tourism across the state in 2020. Representatives from state of Missouri agencies — Economic Development, Workforce Development, and Arts Council — as well as a representative from Missouri Main Street will be on hand to answer your questions and provide information about how you can partner with them to benefit your community.
Who Should Attend
The regional meetings are designed for anyone interested in tourism, including:
- Local and statewide elected officials
- Community and business leaders
- Managers and staff from convention and visitors bureaus, chambers of commerce and economic development organizations
- Owners and managers of tourism-related businesses
When and Where
You are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings. The dates and locations of five meetings held across the state are below. When registration opens, simply register for the meeting that works best for you!
- Central region: March 13, 8 a.m., Lake of the Ozarks (Inn at Grand Glaize, 5142 Osage Beach Parkway, Osage Beach, MO)
- Northeast region: March 20, 8 a.m., Hannibal (Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 120 Shinn Lane, Hannibal, MO)
- Northwest region: March 27, 8 a.m., St. Joseph (Remington Nature Center, 1502 McArthur Drive #7500, St. Joseph, MO)
- Southwest region: April 3, 8 a.m., Branson (Branson Chamber & Convention & Visitors Bureau, 4100 Gretna Road, Branson, MO)
- Southeast region: April 10, 8 a.m., Ste. Genevieve (DuBourg Centre, 305 Merchant Street, Ste. Genevieve, MO)
To learn more about this event, click here.