Springfield, Missouri – Staff changes are in the works at the Springfield, Missouri, Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Laura Whisler, vice president, left the CVB to stay home with her children. Whisler started at the bureau in 2002 as communications coordinator and worked her way up through the ranks to the position of vice president. Her last day was May 19.
- Karen Smith retires in June. Smith started at the CVB in 1999 as administrative assistant and is now the finance/administration manager.
- Sean Dixon was promoted to marketing director. Dixon began working at the CVB in 2010 as interactive media manager.
- Steve Ross was promoted to assistant marketing director. Ross has been with the CVB since 2012 when he began as the bureau’s graphic designer.
- Shelly Grauberger was promoted to finance/administration manager. She has been with the CVB since 2005. Prior to her promotion, she was the marketing coordinator.
- Tonia Castaneda was hired as the marketing assistant. Before joining the CVB staff, Castaneda was the volunteer coordinator and membership assistant at Ozarks Public Broadcasting.
The CVB is a nonprofit marketing agency dedicated to improving the local economy through growth in travel and tourism.