Reedy Press announces the publication of its newest title in the “100 Things to Do Before You Die” series, titled 100 Things to Do in America Before You Die, written by travel writer Bill Clevlen. Not only does this book offer suggestions on what to do and where to go, but it will also keep you and your loved ones busy on the drive between places with trivia questions on every page. By highlighting the best this country has to offer, this book is perfect for friends, families, or individuals looking to take the ultimate road trip this summer! 100 Things to Do in America Before You Die is a fun guide to understanding the complex fabric of the United States and the people that call it home. This book isn’t simply a listing of places to visit but a
100 Things to Do in America Before You Die is a fun guide to understanding the complex fabric of the United States and the people that call it home. This book isn’t simply a listing of places to visit but a catalog of uniquely American experiences. From sipping on southern sweet tea to standing where the Wright Brothers tested their first “flying machine”, each experience makes up an important piece of our American story. You’ll find an enlightening mix of history, entertainment, art, food, sports, and even places to cross off your “selfie” bucket list. As an added bonus, you’ll also find amusing trivia questions on every page. Most important of all, 100 Things to Do in America Before You Die was written to inspire road trips across the country. Mountains, museums, fried chicken, small towns, and yes, even the world’s tallest mailbox—they all await you. Buckle up. It’s going to be a fun ride.
Bill Clevlen is a travel journalist, broadcaster and freelance writer based in Saint Louis, Missouri. He hosts the weekly podcast Rediscover America and shares positive travel stories regularly on billontheroad.com. Clevlen is a frequent guest speaker and radio correspondent highlighting road trip ideas and uplifting American stories. While not on the road you can likely find him somewhere in St. Louis eating thin crust pizza or playing pickleball. (Yes, pickleball.) For more travel stories and videos, you can visit Bill’s website: billontheroad.com.
100 Things to Do in America Before You Die – part of the 100 Things to Do Before You Die series, by Bill Clevlen, ISBN-13 9781681061016. Softcover 5.5 x 8.5 inches, 192 pages, $18.00
TALKING POINTS FROM THE BOOK AND ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
– The book is about experiences and not just destinations. For example, instead of just visiting Mount Rushmore
– the book suggests that people eat Thomas Jefferson ice cream at Mount Rushmore. (Jefferson was the first person to record an ice cream recipe in the U.S.)
– Everything mentioned in the book is affordable and accessible to the average American. Nothing is “VIP” or outrageously expensive.
– Bill Clevlen wrote the book after growing tired of seeing so many negative stories being written. (10 Worst places to live, 10 worst states to move to, etc)
– Speaking of Mount Rushmore… Bill found love while writing the book. He met his girlfriend in a helicopter flying over Mount Rushmore.
– The book includes trivia questions on every page. (Q: “What is so unique about the original Monopoly board on display at the National Museum of Play? A: The early version of Monopoly was in the shape of a circle.)
-The book includes a chapter of America’s most popular “photo op” (or selfie) places, such as The Hollywood Sign and Niagara Falls. Lanna Deme